Is it safe to go to work? According to our 2015 Survey, 97% of respondents felt that providing a safe work environment was important in measuring JUST worker treatment.
Total Recordable Incident Rate
Description: Total number of recordable incidents, per 200,000 hours worked (equivalent to 100 FTE employees annually).
Data Source(s): Bloomberg
Metric Type: Performance
Unit of Measurement: Incidents per 100 FTE employees annually
Commitment to Ensuring a Safe Workplace
Description: Commitment to ensuring a safe workplace, comprising assessments of whether the company:
- has a policy to improve employee health & safety within the company and its supply chain;
- has a policy to improve employee health & safety;
- has an employee health & safety team;
- trains its executives or key employees on health & safety; and
- has health & safety management systems in place like the OHSAS 18001 (Occupation Health & Safety Management System).
Each of these five data points awarded a value of 2 if TRUE and summed.
Data Source(s): ASSET4
Metric Type: Management
Unit of Measurement: Score (0-10)
Controversies in Workplace Safety
Description: Number of severe and very severe cases (major scandals or systematic risk incidents) in influential and highly influential news sources occurring in the US over the past three years that pertain to occupational health and safety issues.
Data Source(s): RepRisk
Metric Type: Controversy
Unit of Measurement: Number